About Ashley Gardner, LPC
Ashley Gardner chose a field in mental health because her own therapist helped her heal so much and observed that she might make a good therapist herself. Ashley takes joy in helping people and supporting their wellness. Ashley is passionate about advocating for others and helping them find their voices to advocate for themselves. Her overall care philosophy is all about helping her patients define and meet their goals and give them the space and safety to explore these goals honestly. Ashley treats people like people. She has a conversational style of therapy. She believes her and her patients are partners in healing and always treats her patients like people – not like they are a problem that needs to be fixed.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- PTSD - Childhood Trauma
- Family / Parenting Therapy
- PTSD - Victim of Abuse
- Parent/Child Concerns
- Postpartum Depression
- PTSD - Single Incident/Shock
Education & Certifications
– Masters in Clinical Counseling from Webster University
– Bachelors in Communication from College of Charleston
– Bachelors in Political Science from College of Charleston
– Trained in Trauma Care
– Trained in Motivational Interviewing
– Trained in Effective Engagement of Mandated, Resistant Clients
– Trained in ASMR Suicide Risk Assessment and Management
– Trained in CISM to Provide Support and Crisis Management to Individuals and/or Group Following a Critical Incident
October 29, 2021
So far so good with my counselor. Have no complaints.
October 23, 2021
My therapist cares about ME and my mental health. She is patient, kind, and very accommodating. She really goes the extra mile!
October 21, 2021
I have been terrified of therapy and avoided going for more than half of my life and Ashley has managed to change my perspective and found a way to make it feel like a safe place to go and I actually look forward to our sessions each week.
September 13, 2021
Ashley is such a warm and caring person. She has gone above and beyond to accommodate me in every way possible. That really says something about her character. She really cares about her clients.
September 2, 2021
Ashley is great. I felt at ease talking with her.
August 30, 2021
Great so far. Had a great connection with the therapist.
August 4, 2021
She was great! I liked the whole session with her. She listened well and interjected also :)