About Christy Ellis, LCSW
Ms. Ellis is passionate about helping others with self-discovery and self-acceptance. She became a social worker because she wanted to support and encourage people to be their best and most authentic selves. She is committed to building a positive therapeutic relationship with her patients in order to help them feel comfortable and safe in expressing themselves. Because each person who she works with is unique, Christy structures sessions around patients’ individual needs. This approach allows her to meet patients where they are on their journey in order to best assist them in achieving their goals.
Education & Certifications
– Master of Social Work through a joint program at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University and the University of North Carolina at Greensboro
– Trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Behavior Management, Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI), Documentation of Progress in Insurance-Compliant Notes and Incident Reporting.
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Couples/Marital Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- LGBTQ+ Care
- Personality Disorder
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.
May 17, 2021
Christy's subject-matter expertise and professionalism, combined with her sincere and helpful demeanor, make her the best at what she does. If you are lucky enough to work with her, come prepared to learn/grow as a human. She is the best at what she does, and deserves recognition! Thank you :)
March 9, 2021
A great listener who remembers the details from the past. Christy has been a great help to working through family issues and my anxiety.
February 25, 2021
Christy is the best therapist I have had at Mindpath thus far.
January 14, 2021
Christy is a great listener and offers good insight.
January 7, 2021
I love the staff there and my therapists are very helpful and understanding with everything. Keep up the great work!
November 10, 2020
Christy is AMAZING and has made the biggest difference in our situation. I seriously don't know where we'd be without her expertise, insight and guidance. She's also just a wonderful person!
October 29, 2020
Christy is awesome
Therapy with Christy Ellis is wonderful. She is so helpful and caring. I look forward to meeting with her every week.