About Elisabeth Netherton, M.D.
Elisabeth Netherton went into psychiatry because she enjoys getting to know her patients and supporting them through the challenges they are facing. She is deeply committed to her work with women and with mothers across the life span. She has experience in the challenges that women face and in prescribing for women during pregnancy and the postpartum period. Elisabeth believes it’s incredibly meaningful to see moms she’s working with feel better, knowing that this has a positive impact not only for them but for their children. Elisabeth enjoys partnering with her patients to think about if and where medications might be helpful. Her goal is always to empower her patients to take steps that facilitate their mental and physical health and to think about medication as one potential tool to improve wellness.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Adjustment Concerns
- Anxiety / Stress
- Bipolar I & II
- Depression with Psychosis
- Depression with Suicidality
- Eating Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Impulse Control (non-alcohol / drug)
- Personality Disorder
- Post-Partum / Pregnancy Depression
- Severe Bipolar with Psychosis
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Women's Health - Hormonal Imbalance
- TelehealthSignifies the completion of a mental health telehealth training program
Education & Certifications
– Residency at Baylor College of Medicine
– Doctorate from the University of Texas Health Science Center
– Bachelor of Science from the University of Texas
– Certificate in Children in Society: Children and Health
November 5, 2021
My appointment with Elisabeth Netherton MD was wonderful. I needed a second opinion on medications and path forward. She asked numerous questions and listened. She also provided excellent suggestions for my path forward.