About Hira Silat, M.D.Dr. Hira Silat was drawn to psychiatry because it is a field that utilizes the power of human connection and empathy to alleviate suffering. She enjoys getting to know each patient as a person beyond their diagnosis. This helps in providing individualized and effective treatment. She is particularly interested in psychodynamic psychotherapy and psychoanalysis. A psychodynamic approach offers a unique perspective in understanding why we think and feel the ways that we do, and how our early life experiences shape the way we interact with the world. This understanding enables patients to get greater freedom from restrictive patterns of thinking and helps them reach their full potential. Dr. Silat works with all adult age groups, with a focus on mood and anxiety disorders. Her clinical interests include perinatal psychiatry, minority mental health and the intersection between spirituality and mental health. Dr. Silat speaks English, Urdu, and Hindi.
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Bipolar I & II (w/o psychosis)
- Adjustment Disorder
- Developmental/Intellectual Disorder (including Autism)
- Pregnancy/Post-Partum Conditions
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Women's Health - Hormonal Imbalance
- Depression with Suicidality
- Depression w/Psychosis
- Severe Bipolar w/Psychosis
- Functional Neurological Disorders
- Psychological Aspects of Mental Illness
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Depressive Disorders
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.
May 26, 2022
The look on her face when she see Im feeling down