About Julie Killion, LCMHC
Julie is passionate about helping people move from “surviving” to “thriving” in life. She is fascinated by human behavior, the way our brains work and how we interact with each other and the world. She works to empower her patients to enact positive change in their life and finds it incredibly rewarding and humbling to be a part of that journey. Likewise, she feels fortunate to be able to work in a field where she can continue to learn, be challenged and be inspired every day. In her work as a provider, Ms. Killion combines a practical, direct, solution-focused approach with education about the brain and how patinets can use that information to alleviate distress. She offers person-centered therapy, which means that she believes each person is the expert in their own lives and works to meet each person where they are. In addition, she utilizes several other treatment modalities, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Solution Focused Therapy and Motivational Interviewing.
Education & Certifications
– Master s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from the University of North Carolina in Charlotte, NC
– Certified in Animal-Assisted Therapy from Oakland University in Rochester, MI
– Member of the American Counseling Association
– Member of the National Eating Disorder Association
- Anxiety / Panic Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Technique
- Depressive Disorders
- Adjustment Disorder (major life change, grief, divorce)
- Bipolar Disorders
- Issues with Parent / Child
- Feeding & Eating Disorders
- Other Drugs
- Post-Partum Depression
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.
April 21, 2021
She is a game changer.
April 16, 2021
Responsive and knowledgeable.
April 7, 2021
Very friendly, easy to talk to, and very supportive. Julie is very helpful and has helped me come a long way with my own personal growth
March 12, 2021
Julie Killion is a game-changer. I am VERY pleased with my experience and my provider!