About Kara Sanderson, LCSWKara was inspired to become a mental health clinician after being adopted as a young child. She was interested in helping those in the foster care system. This eventually led to a focus on treating those suffering from trauma. Kara helps adults with anxiety, depression, and parenting issues. She uses cognitive and dialectical behavioral therapies and parent-child interaction, patient-centered, play, strengths-based, and trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapies. Kara provides a safe, inviting atmosphere for individuals and families that allows for the therapeutic process to start. She encourages her patients to express their concerns at their own pace. When she’s not working, Kara loves camping.
Education & Certifications
Master of Social Work (MSW) – Walden University
Bachelor of Arts in Human Development (B.A.) – Sonoma State University
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Anxiety / Panic Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Technique
- Depressive Disorders
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Technique
- Adjustment Disorder (major life change, grief, divorce)
- Bipolar Disorders
- Family Therapy
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- PTSD / Trauma and Stress Related Disorders
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.