About Kosta Petrogeorge, LMFT
Rather than subscribing to the traditional adage of counseling to “meet patients where they’re at,” Kosta adheres to the saying by noted therapist, Steve Andrew, “meet patients where they dream!” He knows that a person’s choices and behaviors, even when they prove to be harmful, may actually be a coping mechanism for the wounded self. Through compassion and intentional guidance, Mr. Petrogeorge helps patients identify their true desires and aspirations, which are often buried in anger, sadness, shame, and confusion. Utilizing effective modalities and skills such as motivational interviewing, love and logic, Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and somatic mindfulness, he works with each person to explore their inner strengths to develop daily, proactive choices and healthy, long-lasting habits. Specifically, he encourages his patients to identify positive, eternal views about all aspects of life including sexuality, relationships, work, sacrifice, and health. Drawing on years of therapy in a wide array of cultures, he connects with each unique patient in a safe and comfortable environment while inviting them to be honest, vulnerable, and courageous as they realize their dreams. Watching his patients gain positive insights and make healthy shifts is Kostas’s greatest joy! He is fluent in Hellenistic Greek and Modern Greek.
Education & Certifications
– Licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT) in North Carolina
– Masters of Science in Clinical Counseling Psychology, specializing in Marriage and Family Therapy from Chestnut Hill College, Philadelphia, PA
– Masters of Divinity with Honors from Holy Cross seminary in Brookline, MA
– Certified sexual addiction therapist by the International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals
– Certified in Betrayal Trauma
- Anxiety / Panic Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Technique
- Depressive Disorders
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Technique
- Adjustment Disorder (major life change, grief, divorce)
- Dissociative Disorders
- Personality D/O
- Issues with Parent / Child
- Sex / Pornography
- Family Therapy
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Couples / Relationship / Marital Counseling
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.
March 17, 2022
August 6, 2021
Kosta was a great therapist. He was very knowledgeable, very easy to talk to, great listener and insightful. I did 6 sessions and felt that I was heard, had learned some great tools to be able to manage my mental health issue
July 12, 2021
Kosta has a lot of empathy. He is knowledgeable and resourceful. The sessions with him have been very helpful to me.
July 8, 2021
Dr. P makes me feel so comfortable. He is a great listener.
June 2, 2021
The fact that he came off as a friend and wanted to get to know me as a person
May 24, 2021
Kosta is amazing .
May 12, 2021
He was very easy to talk to and understanding. I'm very pleased so far and look forward to a path of recovery.
April 9, 2021
Kosta was a wonderful therapist that really took the time to listen to me!