About Owen McGonnell, LCSW
Owen McGonnell has a natural curiosity about how things happen and is willing to explore to find out, especially in the area of human behavior. His studies and research have allowed him to focus outside of himself and help people to unravel their life issues utilizing their native wisdom and strength. He has enjoyed watching people learn to take credit for positive changes.
Helping people feel authentic, "not alone", hopeful, able to apply logic and reasoning, being able to freely express feelings, and construct the best available solutions, to Owen, is a high and very satisfying calling. He is especially excited to have Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) as a primary tool when working with people who are "stuck" in traumatic reactions to troubles.
Owen’s care philosophy includes the central idea, as the saying goes, that "there but for grace go I". He considers people from a strength perspective. He believes that symptoms are often "skills taken out of context", meaning that survival behaviors for some may be seen as "oppositional" behavior to others.
He has learned the critical skill of listening without injecting his story into that of others. He can see their situations with a minimum of prejudice or judgment. This allows him to see others as worthy in their basic selves. He relies on non-verbal communication of worth and safety to initiate an atmosphere of trust. People seem to respond well usually to believing that they have been accepted "as they are". Owen chooses to believe that people are capable of improving how they manage their lives.
- Anxiety / Panic Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Technique
- Depressive Disorders
- Adjustment Disorder (major life change, grief, divorce)
- Developmental / Intellectual Disorders - Includes Autism Spectrum Disorders and Learning Disorders
- Bipolar Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders
- Pain D/O
- Personality D/O
- Issues with Parent / Child
- Developmental D/O
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Obsessive Complusive Disorder
- Sex / Pornography
- Family Therapy
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Single Incident/Shock
- Interpersonal Violence
- Developmental Trauma/Complex PTSD
- Couples / Relationship / Marital Counseling
- Sexual Functioning
- PTSD / Trauma and Stress Related Disorders
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.