About Shantel Sullivan, Ed.D, LCSW, MSW
Dr. Sullivan grew up in rural, Upstate New York and earned her doctorate and master’s degrees from the University of New England in Portland Maine. She brings over a decade of clinical practice experience working with individuals, families, and communities. Dr. Sullivan has extensively worked with people who are dealing with grief, loss, caregiver fatigue, secondary trauma, and other major life changes. Dr. Sullivan has specialized in substance use addiction treatment and completed an advanced degree certification in addiction counseling. Dr. Sullivan is committed to a life of continuing education and immerses herself in bringing up-to-date, evidence-based practices into the healing process. She believes that people hold their answers within and takes pride in helping people maximize their strengths. She takes a holistic and person-centered approach to treatment utilizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), motivational enhancement therapy, mindfulness techniques, and self-compassion. She is also a seasoned national speaker, MSW instructor, serves as a clinical field instructor for aspiring clinicians, and a member of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW).
Education & Certifications
– Doctor of Education in Education Leadership from University of New England
– Masters of Social Work in Advanced Generalist Social Work from University of New England
– Certified in Addictions Counseling from University of New England Department of Social Work
– Licensed Clinical Social Worker New York
– Licensed Clinical Social Worker North Carolina
- Anxiety / Panic Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Technique
- Depressive Disorders
- Adjustment Disorder (major life change, grief, divorce)
- Issues with Parent / Child
- Other Drugs
- LGBTQI+ Related Needs
- Gender Confirmation Surgery Evaluations
- Post-Partum Depression
- Single Incident/Shock
- Interpersonal Violence
- Developmental Trauma/Complex PTSD
- PTSD / Trauma and Stress Related Disorders
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.
October 22, 2021
Shantel is perhaps the most helpful therapist I ve had.
October 11, 2021
Shantel is very compassionate and is able to help me work through concerns.
August 27, 2021
Shantel is a sympathetic and engaging listener. I am very grateful for her wisdom and sharing of information. I always feel better after meeting with Shantel and have spoken fondly of her to family and friends.
July 22, 2021
Her empathy and sincere sharing of information are really helping me in my healing. I am so grateful to have an opportunity to start my inner healing process.
June 7, 2021
I immediately felt at ease!
May 6, 2021
Kind and took time to listen to my concerns
April 20, 2021
Shantel is very personable and kind!
April 2, 2021
It's all good! I love all the therapists and staff!!
December 30, 2020