About Timothy O'Connor, M.D.
Dr. O’Connor is most passionate about helping patients who are striving to live their best life. To that end, he believes in collaborating with patients to tailor therapeutic goals and find a balance of medications and therapy best suited for them. Broadly trained in adult psychiatry, Dr. O’Connor has a particular clinical interest in mental health issues impacting university students. In working with patients he has seen the wisdom in Alan Watts’ quote that, “every intelligent individual wants to know what make them tick, and yet is at once fascinated and frustrated that oneself is the most difficult of all things to know.” Dr. O’Connor enjoys helping the individuals who he works with discover more about themselves and learn how to utilize that knowledge to increase their quality of life.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Adjustment Concerns
- Anxiety / Stress
- Bipolar I & II
- Depression with Psychosis
- Depression with Suicidality
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Schizophrenia / Schizoaffective
- Severe Bipolar with Psychosis
- TelehealthSignifies the completion of a mental health telehealth training program
Education & Certifications
– General Psychiatry Residency from the University of North Carolina School of Medicine in Chapel Hill, NC
– Doctor of Medicine from the University of North Carolina School of Medicine in Chapel Hill, NC
– Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS)
– Member of the American Psychiatric Association
November 8, 2021
Absolutely loved Doctor O Connor! He was kind, thorough, and was quick with a follow up response. You can tell he truly cares about what he does!
October 29, 2021
Dr. O'Connor instantly made me feel comfortable. Things didn't feel forced or tense. He has great energy and I could tell he really wanted to help me.
September 27, 2021
Dr. O Connor has been able to make me feel comfortable talking about anything and I don t feel like I'm being judged. I ve already recommended two friends to MindPath!
September 12, 2021
I like Dr. O'Connor & trust his expertise.