About Timothy O'Connor, M.D.Dr. O’Connor is most passionate about helping patients who are striving to live their best life. To that end, he believes in collaborating with patients to tailor therapeutic goals and find a balance of medications and therapy best suited for them. Broadly trained in adult psychiatry, Dr. O’Connor has a particular clinical interest in mental health issues impacting university students. In working with patients he has seen the wisdom in Alan Watts’ quote that, “every intelligent individual wants to know what make them tick, and yet is at once fascinated and frustrated that oneself is the most difficult of all things to know.” Dr. O’Connor enjoys helping the individuals who he works with discover more about themselves and learn how to utilize that knowledge to increase their quality of life.
Education & Certifications
– General Psychiatry Residency from the University of North Carolina School of Medicine in Chapel Hill, NC
– Doctor of Medicine from the University of North Carolina School of Medicine in Chapel Hill, NC
– Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS)
– Member of the American Psychiatric Association
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Adjustment Concerns
- Anxiety / Stress
- Bipolar I & II
- Depression with Psychosis
- Depression with Suicidality
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Schizophrenia / Schizoaffective
- Severe Bipolar with Psychosis
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.
March 10, 2022
Dr. O'Connor instantly made me feel comfortable. Things didn't feel forced or tense. He has great energy and I could tell he really wanted to help me.
September 27, 2021
Dr. O Connor has been able to make me feel comfortable talking about anything and I don t feel like I'm being judged. I ve already recommended two friends to MindPath!
September 12, 2021
I like Dr. O'Connor & trust his expertise.