About Vijay Swahari, M.D.After obtaining his medical degree, Dr. Vijay Swahari completed a postdoctoral/ fellowship at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he studied brain development and maturation and the ensuing disorders that occur during neurodevelopment. Following his research fellowship, he trained in the psychiatry residency program at Duke University./ During his training at Duke, he was particularly drawn to the biopsychosocial approach of treating psychiatric illness. This approach involves careful medication management with equal emphasis on therapy and improving social support. Training first as a Tarheel and then a Blue Devil, Dr. Swahari has made North Carolina his home./
Education & Certifications
– Psychiatry Residency Program at Duke University
– Masters in Science in Human Nutrition from the University of Bridgeport
– Doctorate in Medicine from Andhra Medical College
– Resident Intern at King George Hospital
– DEA License
– Suboxone Waiver
- Anxiety / Stress
- Bipolar I & II
- Memory Concerns
- Adjustment Concerns
- Cognitive Disorder
- Eating Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Developmental Disability / Autism
- Alcohol Use
- Psychosis w/ Long-Acting Injectable
- Compulsive Gambling
- Sex / Pornography Addiction
- Post-Partum / Pregnancy Depression
- Schizophrenia / Schizoaffective
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Impulse Control (non-alcohol / drug)
- Women's Health - Hormonal Imbalance
- Depression with Suicidality
- Depression with Psychosis
- Severe Bipolar with Psychosis
- Functional Neurological Disorders
- Psychological Aspects of Mental Illness
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.
August 18, 2021
Dr. Swahari has been a wonderful doctor friendly, informative, helpful, and trustworthy.
August 2, 2021
Dr. Swahari is the best physician I ve seen. Great experience
July 13, 2021
Provider care is excellent!
June 25, 2021
Easy to work with. Dr. Swahari has been excellent! Great experience so far and the virtual visits are such a convenient way to meet. Dr. Swahari has been wonderful to converse with and is really helping me make progress!
June 11, 2021
Dr. Swahari was a gem of a doctor. Dr. Swahari is the gold standard of mental health care. He treated me with respect and kindness. He made me feel welcome to share my thoughts and feelings. He is what medical care should be. Treat the whole person not just the diagnosis.
May 31, 2021
Telehealth is very convenient and I like that I had so much time with my provider
May 27, 2021
Dr. Swahari is excellent.