About Almira Agosto, LCSWAlmira is a certified somatic experience practitioner with a focus on child and adolescent trauma, recovery, and LGBTQIA+ issues. In addition to somatic experiencing, she also uses acceptance and commitment therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, and positive psychology. Almira believes that everyone should feel safe, affirmed, and seen, especially when life seems tough and unbearable. Being a mental health clinician gives Almira the opportunity to support people in becoming the best versions of themselves. She is fluent in Spanish and an avid dog lover. Almira enjoys spending time walking outdoors and riding her bicycle. She believes in unicorns and her favorite artist is Banksy.
Almira also provides urgent care through Mindpath On Demand.
Education & Certifications
Master of Social Work (MSW) California State University, Los Angeles
Master of Divinity (M.Div.) Claremont School of Theology
Bachelor of Arts in English (B.A.) California Baptist University
Certified Somatic Experience Practitioner Somatic Experiencing International
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Anxiety / Panic Disorders
- Depressive Disorders
- Adjustment Disorder (major life change, grief, divorce)
- Developmental / Intellectual Disorders - Includes Autism Spectrum Disorders and Learning Disorders
- Bipolar Disorders
- Feeding & Eating Disorders
- Obsessive Complusive Disorder
- Family Therapy
- LGBTQI+ Related Needs
- Gender Confirmation Surgery Evaluations
- PTSD / Trauma and Stress Related Disorders
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.