About Douglas Finestone, MD
Dr. Douglas Finestone has over 35 years of experience treating patients with bipolar disorder, treatment-resistant depression, and postpartum/pregnancy depression. Dr. Finestone completes bariatric surgery evaluations and gender confirmation surgery evaluations. He completed a psychoanalytic training program at the University of North Carolina – Duke University Psychoanalytic Institute and his psychiatry residency at Duke University Medical Center. He was previously in private practice for 18 years, was an assistant professor of psychiatry at Duke University Medical Center, and a professor of psychiatric medicine at the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Dr. Finestone is a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and was named one of America’s Top Psychiatrists in 2006 by the Consumers’ Research Council of America.
Education & Certifications
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
Bachelor’s degree University of Virginia
Clinical Research Award American Academy of Clinical Psychiatrists
Excellence in Teaching Award American Psychiatric Association
- Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Bariatric Surgery Evaluation
- Bipolar I & II (w/o psychosis)
- Memory (Alzheimers/Dementia)
- Adjustment Disorder
- Cognitive Disorder
- Feeding & Eating Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Somatic Symptom Disorders/Pain
- Gender Confirmation Surgery Evaluations
- Pregnancy/Post-Partum Conditions
- PTSD/Trauma and Stress Related Disorders
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Women's Health - Hormonal Imbalance
- Depression with Suicidality
- Depression w/Psychosis
- Severe Bipolar w/Psychosis
- Functional Neurological Disorders
- Psychological Aspects of Mental Illness
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- FAA Flight Clearance
- Depressive Disorders
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.
September 22, 2021
The way Dr. Finestone made me feel comfortable and he actually listened.
September 20, 2021
Dr. Finestone is the best.
September 1, 2021
Dr. Finestone was very nice and welcoming
June 4, 2021
I absolutely love Dr. Finestone!!
May 18, 2021
Dr. Finestone is very nice and a great doctor.
May 12, 2021
The video and sound were excellent