About Sheila Sorensen, PSYDDr. Sheila Sorensen has always been drawn to helping others. Dr. Sorensen specializes in anxiety, depression, grief/loss, post-traumatic stress disorder, women’s issues, and mood disorders in adults. She has more than 17 years of experience and utilizes cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, humanistic therapy, interpersonal therapy, psychodynamic psychotherapy, and mindfulness. Dr. Sorensen completes psychological testing. After completing her undergraduate degree, she lived in Hawaii for a year. Dr. Sorensen joined a canoe club, spent hours on the beach, worked multiple jobs to make ends meet, and had the time of her life.
Education & Certifications
Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) Meridian University
Master of Arts in Psychology (M.A.) Meridian University,The Institute of Imaginal Studies
Bachelor of Arts in Marketing (B.A.) Sonoma State University
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Anxiety / Panic Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Technique
- Depressive Disorders
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Technique
- Adjustment Disorder (major life change, grief, divorce)
- Bipolar Disorders
- Family Therapy
- Couples / Relationship / Marital Counseling
- Psychological Testing
- Pregnancy / Post-Partum Conditions
- PTSD / Trauma and Stress Related Disorders
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.